VxWorks RTOS on Embedded Platforms
VxWorks RTOS is the world’s most widely deployed real-time operating system (RTOS). It delivers unrivalled deterministic performance and sets the standard for a scalable, future-proof, safe, and secure operating environment for connected devices in the Internet of Things (IoT).
VxWorks RTOS supports the broadest spectrum of 32-bit, 64-bit, and multi-core silicon architectures, including ARM, PowerPC, and Intel. Its portfolio of additional middleware and optional technology components, as well as a large ecosystem of validated complementary third-party hardware and software solutions, enables you to differentiate your platforms with best-of-breed capabilities, reduce development costs, and accelerate time-to-market.
iWave Systems has ported VxWorks RTOS across different hardware platforms like NXP/Freescale’s i.MX6, i.Mx27, TI’s AM4377 etc. iWave Systems has added boot support in VxWorks RTOS for QSPI NOR boot upon existing Ethernet boot and SD boot and also added support for GPMC, PRU-ICSS, QSPI NOR File system, Audio Out, Compact Flash, EEPROM, RTC, Touch, LVDS LCD etc interfaces.
Following is the list of VxWorks RTOS design services offered by iWave for embedded applications.
- Boot loader & Board Support Package (BSP development)
- Device Driver Development
- Application Development
1. Boot Loader & Board Support Package (BSP) Development:
iWave Systems is a frontrunner as a Board Support Package developer for VxWorks RTOS using various silicon suppliers Multimedia application processors. iWave Systems provides high quality BSP for various hardware platforms developed by customer or iWave.
2. Device Driver Development:
iWave Systems offers Device Driver Development for various platforms specific peripherals. Device Driver Development for following interfaces (but not restricted to):
- Audio out
- LVDS LCD
- Mass storage (SD, USB)
- EEPROM, Compact Flash, SRAM, NOR and SRAM
- Connectivity interfaces : USB 2.0, Serial (UART), SPI, I2C, GPMC, QSPI
- HDLC Frame Protocol
- VME Shared Memory Network
- LED, Toggle Switch
- Seven Segment LED
3. Software Customization Design Services:
iWave Systems supports VxWorks RTOS application development like test application in kernel space, Real time application(RTP) and Windml (Wind river media library).
- Expandable and upgradable architecture.
- Uncompromising safety and security.
- Proven virtualization technology.
- Lower risk and faster integration of third-party technology.
Possible Target Applications:
- Personal electronics
- Communications Equipment
- Enterprise Systems