System On Modules
iWave specializes in accelerating design cycles with Modular approach of using System On Modules (SOM) and Carrier boards. The SOM modules have the advantage of advanced peripheral Integration, space-saving, quick time to market and great cost savings. These Embedded boards go by several names such as Computer On Modules or COMs, CPU Modules and ARM SOMs.
iWave offers various System On Modules (SOMs) conforming to the R2.0 Qseven / SODIMM / MXM / XMC standards. These SOM modules are based on various processors and are readily available to deploy in product designs:
- Freescale / NXP i.MX6x, i.MX53, i.MX51, i.MX50x, Vybrid processors
- Renesas RZ/G1M, RZ/G1N, RZ/G1E
- Altera Arria 10 SoC, Cyclone V SoC
- TI DM816x / AM389x
Intel Atom and PowerPC
iWave's SOM Modules are targeted for OEMs, ODMs and any high-end embedded product designers, who can adopt the design and bring out innovative and cost-effective products within a short period of time for various applications.
For each of the System On Modules, iWave provides Development Platforms (Evaluation Board) for quick software prototyping associated with the Board Support Packages (BSPs) especially for the Linux / Windows Embedded / Android / QNX / VxWorks / iTRON / Green Hills Software INTEGRITY operating systems (OS/RTOS) etc.
Advantages of our SOMs:
- The modules are fully standard compatible OEM Modules
- Available in Industrial & Automotive temperature grade, with long term availability and technical support
- The BSP / device drivers are available with rich feature set for multiple RTOS environments with good documentation
- The modules & BSPs are targeted and being used in multiple products already
- Lower Risk. No complex PCB design and manufacturing overheads
- Long term product life support
Technical & Customization support, even for the low volume segment