Bangalore,June-2012: iWave Systems, profoundly known for its genuine embedded solution offerings spanning from SOMs to fully integrated systems announced the availability of Windows Embedded Compact 7 (WEC7) reference BSP for Q7 compatible i.MX6 System-On-Module (SOM) besides the existing Linux 3.0.15 & Android ICS 4.0 BSP versions. All the latest features that WEC7 offers such as Silverlight 3.0, Connect and Consumer Media, MPEG-4 HD, MTP, Multi-Touch, Expression Blend, Active Sync and also Adobe Flash10.1 are made available.
Targeted For: Running WEC7 on i.MX6 Platform offers increased flexibility & greater multimedia support for embedded applications such as Automotive IVI, Telematics, Interactive POS, Industrial HMI & many more.
Peripherals Supported :The WEC7 standard BSP release supports diverse features like 7” TFT LCD, Resistive Touch Screen ,RS232 Serial Console port, Micro SD, Standard SD, USB 2.0 Host, USB2.0 device, Ethernet, Audio (IN, OUT), SATA HDD port, HDMI port etc. Debugging tools like KITL and Active Sync are also supported.
- The SATA (Serial Advanced Technology Attachment) driver was developed from the core level which has a storage capacity of up to 160GB. The SATA Hard disk can be connected to 7-pin connector on i.MX6 Q7 SOM.
- Hive registry(4GB SD/MMC) is used to store the information in SD/MMC card or any storage as a persistent. For example touch calibration values can be stored in the SD/MMC as a hive and it can be restored when the system boots up next time. Hive registry is implemented on SD/MMC on i.MX6 Q7 SOM.
- The HDMI (High definition Multimedia Interface) driver is developed to support the HDMI display on the monitor. The driver supports display of images or video with audio on a HDMI supported monitor through HDMI port on i.MX6 Q7 SOM. Display resolutions include 720p, 1080p and so on. iWave has enhanced the source IPU(Image Processing Unit) driver provided by Freescale to support the four simultaneous displays. This functionality has been tested using four different displays connected to the i.MX6 Q7 SOM.
- ActiveSync is a software that allows you to establish communication between iMX6 Q7 module and Windows based PC. Active Sync can also be used to debug the applications running on i.MX6 Q7 SOM. Once the connection between the Host PC and i.MX6 Q7 SOM is achieved, the applications that are running on i.MX6 Q7 module can be debugged.
- Ethernet driver provided by Freescale has been enhanced to support PHY (KSZ9021) hardware to work at 1000Mbps speed on i.MX6 Q7 SOM since Freescale supports only 10/100Mbps ENET driver. Eboot (Boot loader) is also modified to support the 1000Mbps speed Ethernet.
- Touch driver for MAX11801 touch controller has been developed by iWave to support Resistive touch on i.MX6 Q7 SOM.
By partnering with Microsoft & the major Silicon vendors, iWave has integrated the unique expertise of windows embedded technologies with the ARM Cortex processors like Freescale’s i.MX, Texas instruments’ OMAP/DaVinci/Sitara as well as Intel Atom processors. iWave has already enabled more than 20+ WinCE powered products which are specifically tailored to fit into any application in Industrial, Automotive & Medical segments. iWave’s SOMs & customized solutions offer longevity , Scalability & Optimum Time to market to the customers.
For video, visit http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tINbM49Gmhc