iWave’s Android Embedded Services Portfolio
iWave Systems offers High-Quality product development and Android customization services for the various hardware platforms with different Android OS version from 1.6 to 4.2. Expertise includes development starting from the boot code, board support package (BSP), driver development, middle-ware (JNI) and all the way up to application layer.
iWave Systems has vast experience in android development spanning over a decade of product development and supporting Android on various embedded processors. Processors such as i.MX6, iMx53, i.MX51 and i.MX27 from the Freescale PXA270 from Marvell and Intel Atom are supported with Android by iWave. iWave Systems has developed drivers for many peripherals including Video in devices such as camera modules, TV in/out, storage devices such as USB, SD, SATA, wired and wireless connectivity such as Ethernet, Wi-Fi, RFID, BT, display ports such as LVD, RGB, HDMI, DVI & VGA, hardware codecs and graphics accelerators etc..
Following are the list of Android design services offered by iWave for embedded applications:
1. Boot code & Board Support Package (BSP development
2. Device Driver Development
3. Middleware and Stack development
4. GUI Application Development
5. BSP for Reference Platforms
6. Software Customization design Services
1. Boot code & Board Support Package (BSP)/ Development:
iWave Systems is a frontrunner as a Board Support Package developer for Android using various silicon suppliers Multimedia application processors. iWave Systems provides high quality BSP for custom build development platforms from iWave or any customer specific platforms and starter kits.
2. Device Driver Development:
iWave Systems offers Device Driver Development for various platforms specific peripherals. Device Driver Development for following interfaces (but not restricted to):
- Multimedia & Video IN/Out
- Digital Camera drivers through V4l2
- MPEG4 / H.264 / H.263 Encoding
- Decoding software codecs
- MPEG4 / H.263 Encoding and
- Decoding hardware codecs
- TV In/Out
- Touch Panel
- Audio In/Out
- Mass storage (SD, USB)
- eMMC Flash, NAND, NOR and SPI Flash
- Connectivity interfaces : USB, Serial, SPI, I2C, SSI
- USB to serial
- SDIO WLAN 802.11a/b/g/n
- Wi-Fi direct
- RFID, Bluetooth
- EXT2, EXT3, JFFS2, FAT
- Android SGL
3. Middleware and Stack development:
iWave Systems provides the development activities for necessary middleware and software stack targeted for specific use case or interface. Following is one of the case studies.
- Medical Application Stack:
iWave Systems has delivered a number of medical device solutions based on Android to its OEM customers for faster product development. Over the time understanding of critical and design aspect of a typical medical device has led to the development of Medical Application Stack, which can be adopted for the quick development of any Medical solution. The Software stack can be pluggable to other modules of the system enabling a faster design and development time for the target medical solution.
4. GUI Application Development with Android:
iWave Systems offers the Rich User interface development on Android using XML, JAVA and OpenGL ES. Using these mature technologies, iWave Systems can achieve quicker time to market than any of the older technologies. Standard android controls are supported, as well as animations, customized controls, themes, and widgets.
5. BSP for Reference Platforms:
iWave Systems offers Android BSP on following its own development platforms.
- iW-Rainbow-G15 – Based on Freescale’s i.MX6 Solo/Dual/Quad
- iW-Rainbow-G11 – Based on Freescale’s i.MX53
- iW-Rainbow-G8 – Based on Freescale’s i.MX51
- iW-Rainbow-G3 – Based on Freescale’s i.MX27
6. Software Customization Design Services:
iWave Systems also provides software customization design services for any hardware platforms developed by the customer or silicon vendors. Customization services includes board bring up, Driver development for various on-board peripherals, protocol stack development, custom GUI and application software development.