i.MX6 based Digital Signage Solution
Digital signage enables users to display their messages more dynamically and targeted. iWave Systems has demonstrated a Digital Signage application on android platform. The application provides the features of updating the content from remote web browser, playback of video content, image, HTML web pages and scrolling text messages. The application is demonstrated on iWave’s i.MX6 Pico ITX digital signage platform based on Freescale’s i.MX6 Multimedia application processor.
Areas of Expertise:
iWave’s new Digital signage Solution integrates all standard interfaces into a single board with ultra-compact yet highly integrated platform that can be utilized across multiple Digital signage like Meeting Room Signage, Digital Menu Boards, e-Posters, Network Media Players and other Commercial Displays.
iWave’s Digital signage solution is based on ARM Cortex™-A9 core i.MX6 Quad/Dual/Dual Lite/Solo processor which can operate up to 1GHz with 2D and 3D graphics processors and 1080p video processing. The solution provided with inbuilt 1GB DDR3 and 4GB eMMC Flash and supports the following interface ports.
- HDMI v1.4 Display – 1 Port
- Ethernet 10/100/1000 – 1 Port
- USB 2.0 Host – 2 Ports
- USB OTG – 1 Port
- Audio out – 1 Port
- Standard SD slot – 1 Port
- µSD Slot – 1 Port
- Built-in optional 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi
Solution offered by iWave:
- Application is developed in android and can be installed on any android device (iWave custom platform, Android tablet/smart phone).
- Application consists of a Server-Client Architecture model.
- The server will hold content to be displayed, such as Video, Image, Text & HTML pages.
- Clients will query the server and download the content to local storage and play the files continuously in a loop. When there is new content, it will be added automatically to the client play list.
- Any web browser can be used to upload new content or change the display time (Time for which content need to be displayed)by connecting to the server.
- If server or connection is down, then client will continue to show previously downloaded content.
- Application will provide a option to schedule the contents, display the emergency content, social feeds.
- Application will provide a option to user to select number of contents (Video/image) to display at once.