i.MX53 System on Module on Windows Embedded Compact 7
iWave announced it's i.MX53 SOM on the same day Freescale announced the availability of i.MX53 SoC
Bangalore, 1st March 2011, INDIA - iWave Systems Technologies Pvt. Ltd., a leading embedded design house Headquartered in Bangalore announces a High end, Low cost, Low power SOM based on Freescale’s i.MX53 (Cortex-A8) Multimedia application processor on the same day Freescale announced its i.MX53 processor development platform availability
This i.MX53 System on Module will support the major operating system including Windows Embedded Compact 7/CE 6.0 R3, Android 2.1, Linux and QNX/VxWorks OS platforms.
This module is iWave's latest addition to its growing family of multimedia focused products offering high performance processing with a high degree of functional integration, aimed at the growing Automotive Infotainment, Telemedicine, HMI & Display based cluster markets.
A dedicated video processor offloads the main core by performing video 1080p decoding and 720p encoding for multimedia applications like playing movies and monitoring cameras.“To speedup the product development at low cost, we have designed this module in MXM-3 form factor. Complex part of the design is implemented in this module and have brought all the signals to the MXM connector, so that anybody can buy this module and quickly develop their own application specific carrier card" said Abdullah Khan – Director Engineering, iWave Systems." Alternatively, iWave can also support in developing custom design around its i.MX53 module.
The key features of this module are i.MX53 / 1GHz processor includes 3D and 2D graphics, 1080i/p video processing, on board 1GB/2GB DDR2 RAM, 8GB eMMC4.41 Flash, 16MB SPI Flash for Boot, 10/100Mbps Ethernet PHY, Micro SD, UART and USB OTG. The module supports MXM-3 form factor of size 85mm x 85mm and support MXM3 edge connector for IO expansion to support Dual LCD, Dual Camera, USB2.0, SATAII, SD/SDIO, CAN, MLB, ESAI, SSI, SPDIF, Video-In, TVout, SPI, I2C, UART and various IO interfaces.
Commenting on this new module launch, Mr. Vivek Tyagi, Country Sales Manager, Freescale Semiconductor India Pvt. Ltd., mentioned, “iWave Systems Technologies is a Proactive Design Partner of Freescale Semiconductor. iWave has been involved in bringing out SOM and Reference Designs on Freescale i.MX Platform. The long standing relationship has been beneficial to many of our product customers as iWave reference designs have shortened their cycle time”.
- Processor:i.MX53 ARM Cortex A8 CPU
- RAM: GB/2GB DDR2
- ROM: 8GB eMMC Flash, 16MB SPI Flash
- On Board Peripherals: 10/100Mbps Ethernet PHY, RS232 Serial port, I2C header, CAN header, USB OTG connector, Micro SD Connector, JTAG Header, On Board Power Connector
- 314-pin MXM -3 Edge Connector: UART x 3, I2C x 3, SDIO x 3, SPI x 2, Audio SSI x 3, CAN x 1, MLB x 1, SPDIF x 1, LVDS x 2, SATA x 1, Parallel RGB Out x 1,Video In/CSI x 1, USB HS Host x 1, USB OTG x 1, 17 GPIOs, ESAI x 1, Ethernet RMII PHY Signal Interface x1
Form Factor: 85mm X 85mm
For details, Click Here
Advantages by going with iWave solution:
- iWave is recognized alliance partner of Freescale Semiconductor
- iWave SOM Supports multiple Operating systems with the optimized platform BSP software: Windows Embedded Compact 7/CE 6.0 R3, Android 2.1, Linux and QNX/VxWorks OS platforms
- iWave accomplished 14 different product designs using various Freescales’s i.MX Application processors in different domain like Medical/Health Care, Remote Monitoring/Industrial Automation, HMI, Digital Signage and Automotive Infotainment etc.
- iWave worked on vast components profiles for more than hundreds of complex embedded hardware designs in last decade and the experience helped to bring the BOM cost at very optimum
- iWave offers off the shelf SOM modules and optimized Platform Software which is proven across many product designs
With the above experience, iWave can offer quick customization services around various i.MX platform based designs
About iWave Systems:
iWave Systems Technologies is an embedded Hardware and Software Turnkey Design Services company, focused on providing integrated solutions for developing innovative products and systems in the areas of Communication, Multimedia, Consumer electronics , Industrial and Automotive. With its 10 year expertise combined with its current 130 strong team, iWave is poised to become an Independent design house for the high tech Electronic Systems. iWave is a Windows Embedded Silver partner and an award winner of the Partner Excellence Award 2009.
For more info dial us to +91 80 26683700 / write to firstname.lastname@example.org